Nutan Net Worth: She did her schooling at St. Joseph’s Convent School, Panchgani (Maharastra). When her movies were not performing as per their expectation, her mother asked her to move to Switzerland. There she joined finishing school La Chatelaine.
Acted in more than 70 Hindi movies, she was the well-liked face of the industry. Known for her fantastic acting skills, she was capable to express everything with her eyes and face. She had a deep interest in dance and music. She was a good Kathak dancer and also gave several public performances.
She made her debut with K Asif’s movie “Hamari Beti” (1950) at the age of 13. At that time, she was in school. But the movie was not at all successful. In the mid-50s when her movies were not doing good, she went to Switzerland for further studies. After returning to India, she was offered ‘Seema’ movie (1955) by producer S Mukherjee. She received appreciation for her role in the movie. With this, her career started reaching new heights of success.
The noble lady is known for her diverse role in movies like Milan (1967), Saraswati Chandra (1968), Saudagar (1973) and Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki (1978). She earned respect in the industry with her handwork, enthusiasm and never-ending efforts. In addition to acting, she was good at signing also. Song of Chhabili movie (1960) ‘Aye Mere Humsafar’ was sung and written by Nutan herself. She also loved to sing Bhajans (devotional songs).
Nutan belonged to highly cultured and educated Marathi family. Her father Kumarsen Samarth was deputy publicity officer with Films division. Her mom Shobhna Samarth was a superb actress of her time. She played the role of ‘Seeta’ in superhit movie ‘Ram Rajya’. Jaideep Samarth is her brother. She has two younger sisters named Tanuja Mukherjee (actress) and Chatura. Kajol and Tanisha are her nieces.
She was eldest among all brother and sisters. Before her brother’s birth, her parents got separated. On 11 October 1959, the actress got married to Lt. Commander Rajnish Bahl and become Nutan Bahl. They had a son named Mohnish Bahl in the year 1963. He is also an actor in the industry.
Awards And Honours:
Nutan was on number first in terms of awards and prizes. Also, the lady had won a record-breaking number of Filmfare awards.
* Best Actress Award – Seema (1955)
* Best Actress Award – Sujata (1959)
* Best Actress Award – Bandini (1963)
* Best Actress Award – Milan (1967)
* Best Actress Award – Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki (1978)
* Outstanding Performance Award – Meri Jung (1985)
She was also awarded ‘Padma Shri‘ in the year 1974. It is India’s 4th highest civilian honor given by Indian govt.
This 5’6′ tall lady was extremely beautiful. With black color eyes and black color hairs, she carried winsome personality. Body measurements are like this: 32-28-34.
on 21st Feb 1991, Nutan took her last breadth in Mumbai. She was suffering from breast cancer. She was 54 years old at that time. Her movies Naseebwala and Insaniyat were released in the year 1992 and 1994 respectively after her death.
Unknown Facts About Nutan:
- When she was only 3 years old, she started learning classical singing.
- People used to call Nutan as skinny and ugly during her early age. Later, she became the famed personality of the industry.
- Even her mother didn’t expect Nutan’s bright future as an actress.
- Her sister Tanuja also acted in the movie ‘Hamari Beti’ (debut movie as a child artist). The movie was directed by her mother.
- Along with audience, even Lata Mangeshkar was impressed by her role in movie ‘Seema’ as Amiya Chakraborty and her casting in the song “Man Mohana Bade Jhooth“.
- The actress never looked behind after her superhit movie ‘Seema’. Some other popular movies are ‘Heer’, ‘Baarish’, ‘Paying Guest’, ‘Kanhaiya’, ‘Yaadgar’, ‘Kasturi’, ‘Karma’ etc.
- Everyone was shocked to see the actress in a swimsuit in the movie ‘Dilli Ka Thug’ (1958).
- When she was at top of her career heights, she decided to marry Rajnish Bhal in 1959. Same was the case of her niece Kajol. She got married to Ajay Devgan soon after giving series of hit movies.
- She won 3 Filmfare Awards for Best Actress (out of 4) after her son’s birth.
- Director Bimal Roy was like Godfather to her as he offered a role in hit movie ‘Bandini’ (1963).
- Nutan and Dev Anand shared the screen in the movie ‘Tere Ghar k Samne’. He also praised her skills.
- Even after completing 40 years of age, she was able to play different iconic characters.
- Luckily, this super mom was able to see her son getting established in the industry with the movie ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’; before she got died.
- Nutan’s relation with her mom ended when she filed a case against her mom for misusing her earnings.
- She was an idol for Bollywood actress Smita Patil and Sadhana Shivdasani.
- Indian govt. released a postal stamp in honor of this top artist in Feb 2011.
- Rediff.com listed her name as ‘third greatest actress of all-time’.
- On her 81st birthday in 2018, search engine ‘Google’ celebrated it with an adorable doodle.
- This most sought-after actress of Indian cinema had experience of working with actors like Sunil Dutt, Dev Anand, Raj Kapoor, Amitabh Bachaan etc.
- Husband Rajnish directed her in the movie ‘Surat Aur Seerat’ in 1962.
- Once actor Sanjeev Kumar allegedly said that she was in love with her. She slapped him in public and got involved in a controversy.
- She mostly played motherly roles in her movies.
- She was fond of hunting.
- In the year 2004, her husband died of a fire accident in his apartment.
- To give time to her family and for happy married life, she took the break from movies for some time. She returned back with ‘Bandini’. She knew very well how to maintain personal and professional life.
- She was crowned with ‘Miss India’ title in the year 1951.
- Amitabh Bachchan, Balraj Sahni, and Raj Kapor are her favorite actors.
In brief, this leading lady was perfect in every aspects i.e comedy, drama, romance etc.