Plies Net Worth: As an American rapper and songwriter, Plies has released five albums as well as numerous singles. He is known as a prominent figure in the US music industry, with an enormous fan base who appreciates his rap music. Let’s learn many fun facts about him, including Plies net worth, wiki, real name, affairs, kids, illegal issues, and much more.
- Quick Bio
- Early Life
- Plies Music Career and Discography
- Legal Issues
- Relationships and Kids
- What is Plies Net Worth and Salary?
- Interesting Facts about Plies
- What made him so successful?
- You might be interested in learning more about Plies:
|Full name||Algernod Lanier Washington|
|Age||45 years (as of 2022)|
|Birthplace||Fort Myers, Florida, United States|
|Birth Date||March 21, 2000|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Siblings||Ronnell Lawrence Lavatte|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.65 m)|
|Plies Net worth||$14 Million|
Plies was born with the birth name “Algernod Lanier Washington” on July 1, 1976, in Fort Myers, Florida. However, he was not raised in the town where he was born. As of now, he is 46 years old. His height is 1.65 meters, and he weighs 64 kilograms. Very few people know that Plies belongs to the Christian community. As a native American, he holds citizenship in the United States.
He attended the high school of Fort Myers Senior High school, where he played defensive back and receiver for the football team. He was valedictorian in his class of graduation and was awarded the most stylish student in his class.
Plies went to Miami University and played wide receiver for the team from 1995 to 1997 in the direction of Nod Washington. Then, he was transferred to The University of Central Florida. However, he dropped out before ending the school year.
In the latter half of the 1990s, Plies and his stepbrother called Big Gates, founded an unofficial record label called Big Gates Records. Having recorded a single together, they promoted it and traveled to Miami several times, eventually getting Plies signed to the record label Slip-N-Slide-Records.
Plies Music Career and Discography
In August 2007, Plies dropped his first album, “The Real Testament.” The debut single from the album “Shawty,” featured T-Pain and was at the top of the Billboard Hot Rap Tracks chart. It also peaked at ninth in the Hot 100. The following two singles had similar success, and the album was awarded RIAA gold certification in just six months.
Plies’ second album, “Definition of the Real,” debuted in June 2008, just ten months following his first album. The first single, “Bust It Baby Pt. 2.” featuring Ne-Yo, reached number two on the Hot Rap Tracks and seven on the Hot 100. The album peaked at second place on the Billboard 200 and sold more than 200,000 copies within the initial week. The album was later certified gold only four months after its debut.
In December of 2008, Plies dropped his third studio album titled “Da Realist.” The album sold over 110k copies within its first week. His songs for the album included a performance of Ashanti and Chris J. At the time, Plies made guest appearances on Ludacris’s track “Nasty Girl” and the single of DJ Khaled named “Out here Grin’.”
Plies released his fourth album, “Goon Affiliated,” on June 8, 2010. The album’s initial two singles each featured appearances of Bei Maejor. “Goon Affiliated” debuted at fifth place on the Billboard 200, although it was met with mixed reviews. Nevertheless, the rapper continued to make guest appearances on other rappers’ songs, like The Young Jeezy’s “Lose My Mind,” which was nominated for the Best Rap Performance by A Duo or Group during the 2010 Grammy Awards.
Plies continues to perform and release singles and mixtapes. In 2020, Plies released his 5th album, “The Real Testament 2,” the sequel to his debut album.
On July 2, 2006, Police charged Plies with unlawful possession of a weapon concealed after a shooting at a nightclub in Florida. Five people were wounded in the shooting, and the members of Plies his entourage faced charges of attempted murder. The shooting began following Plies’ mic being shut off because his performance was too long. As per the organizer, Plies was furious, screaming, and causing the scene of a brawl, which concluded with several shots fired.
Police in 2017 detained Plies from Wesley Chapel, Florida, for driving under the influence. Plies did not pass a breathalyzer test and was arrested.
Relationships and Kids
Plies’ Ex-girlfriend was Brandy Lacole Lyons. They stayed together for 13.4 years but broke up on September 29, 2007. On October 19, 2003, they both gave birth to a son named Nijier Lanier Washington at the University Community Hospital in Tampa, Florida. He is 19 years old now.
Parents and Siblings
Plies mother was Karla Washington, and his father was Larry Washington. He also has a stepbrother named Ronnell Lawrence Lavatte.
What is Plies Net Worth and Salary?
Plies is an American rapper with an estimated net worth of around $14 million. Plies have released five albums throughout his career, as well as numerous mixtapes. Many of them made it to the top of the US Rap chart. In 2011 Plies was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by Duo Or Group. Much of his wealth comes from sources like television and music videos, Royalty, Albums, and more. His music recording business, “Big Gate Records,” has contributed more than 20 percent of his net worth, and for the musician that has worked in the music business for a long time, this is a steady source of income.
Interesting Facts about Plies
- Most of us know him as Plies; however, it is Algemod Lenier Washington. He is among the most well-known rappers in America and has done many things in his career.
- Before beginning his music career, Plies worked as a wide receiver on the football team of Miami University in Ohio.
- Plies quit college in 1997 and began his career as a rapper, with the backing of his stepbrother. They came together to form Big Gates Records. The Plies success story begins there.
- The record label Slip-n-Slide Records signed him. Amazingly, Plies released three albums between 2007 and 2008. The album he released in his debut was titled The Real Testament. Two top-selling songs were made available from this album, and Plies started his climb to fame and fortune.
What made him so successful?
- Social media is a crucial element in Plies’ Plies successful story. Since the beginning of the course of his profession, he’s built up a large amount of Twitter followers. The fans love his hilarious approach to life and his humorous way of dealing with the issues we face throughout our lives.
- It is Plies personality that has led to his accomplishments. Plies has received and been nominated for numerous awards in his professional life. For instance, he was awarded an award that was titled the Best Rap and R& B collection at the Ozone Awards in 2007.
- In 2008, following the year, he was awarded the Best Rap album at the same awards. In 2011 He was nominated to win a Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance for his album Lose My Mind featuring Young-Jeezy.
- Among the American Rap artists, It is clear that he will be the one working most hard. However, it should be noted that he can be smart. This has been a major factor in his wealth and success.
You might be interested in learning more about Plies:
How much is Plies net worth in 2021?
Plies net worth is gradually increasing. Last year in 2021, plies net worth was around $6 million.
Why is his name Plies?
Plies takes his name from his hometown Fort Myers, where most money-making drug dealers are called slanks.
Is Kirk Franklin related to Plies?
Although there is no indication that Kirk Franklin and Plies are related, Franklin does have a sister who has been in prison for 30 years.